MKaye Ironing Services Terms & Conditions
- 1. In these terms the following words will have the following meanings:
- 1.1. "Company" means MKaye Ironing Services
- 1.2. "Customer" means any person, firm or company to whom The Company provide their services
- 1.3. "Contract" means the Contract for the services of the Company to the Customer whether in writing or not
- 1.4. "Service" means the Service offered by the Company
- 1.5. "Conditions" means the Terms & Conditions of Service set out herein.
- 2. Conditions of the Contract
- 2.1. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by the Company these Conditions, which supersede all earlier Conditions of the Company shall override any terms or conditions stipulated or referred to by the Customer. By using the Service of the Company the Customer acknowledges that these Conditions will apply.
- 3. Changes to Conditions of the Contract
- 3.1. The Company will not be bound by any proposed variation of these Conditions by the Customer unless agreed by the Company in writing. Any variation or modification of these Conditions made by the Company shall be notified to the Customer in writing and shall apply to all Services following issue of such notification.
- 4. Collection and Delivery of Garments and Linen
- 4.1. The Company undertakes to make the Collection and Delivery service timely and convenient. If circumstances beyond the control of the Company make it impossible to collect or deliver items during the scheduled times, then collection or delivery will be made the next time a van is in the area.
- 4.2. Collections must be booked in advance. The Company will collect the Customers items at the Customers request in accordance with the collection schedule. Items will be delivered back to the Customer in accordance with the delivery schedule. The Company reserves the right to determine the pick up and delivery times and to reschedule such times upon prior notice to the Customer.
- 4.3. The Customer is responsible for ensuring their items are handed to an employee of the Company. The Company is not responsible for, any loss, damage or theft of property left unattended by the Customer.
- 4.4. Employees of the Company have been instructed not to enter a Customers house or office unless specifically invited to do so. The Company is not responsible for any loss or damage that may occur due to an employee entering the premises of the Customer.
- 4.5. The Company reserves the right to refuse service to any Customer.
- 4.6. If the Customer is not available at the time the driver calls to make the collection/delivery a card will be left inviting the Customer to contact the Company to arrange another collection/delivery time. The Customer will not be re-booked automatically.
- 4.7. All collections are subject to a minimum charge of £15.00.
- 5. Garments Suitable for Ironing
- 5.1. The Customer agrees not to send for ironing
(a) non-iron items
(b) items that are labeled for dry-cleaning only
(c) any other items not meant for ironing, in, or attached to any of the items to be ironed or inside any of the bags.
- 5.2. The Customer is responsible for all damage to the items, ironing equipment or employees of the Company arising as a result of any items as per Clause 5.1. left in the garments or in the bags.
- 5.1. The Customer agrees not to send for ironing
- 6. Prices and Payment
- 6.1. Unless otherwise agreed by the Company and the Customer, the prices will be those stated on MKaye Ironing Services' price list, order form or on the Company website at the date of Service.
- 6.2. All charges must be paid in full upon delivery of the completed work by cash or by cheque.
- 6.3. If the Customer fails to pay the invoice value of Service by the due date it shall pay interest on the amount unpaid from the date on which payment was due to that on which it is made (whether before or after judgement) at the rate of 5 per cent per annum over the base rate from time to time of HSBC bank.
- 7. Garment and Linen Care
- 7.1. The Company does not accept liability for damage due to ironing of items without care instructions or for items treated in accordance with the care labels or other instructions provided. The Company reserves the right to refuse to iron any item. The Company is not responsible for loss of or damage to any personal or non-ironable items left in the garments or bags such as money, jewellery or any other item not suitable for ironing as per Condition 5.
- 7.2. To eliminate the possibility of allergies, the Company only uses plain water to create steam during the ironing process.
- 7.3. The Company will do its utmost to ensure that the ironing operation maintains a high quality service. If the Customer is not completely satisfied with the quality of service, the Customer must notify the Company within 2 working days of the date the consignment was returned. The Company will collect any items subject to complaint at the earliest opportunity.
- 7.4. The Company will acknowledge and take action to resolve any problems as quickly as possible.
- 8. Claims for Damaged or Missing Items
- 8.1. Lost Items
In the unlikely event of an item becoming lost the Customer must inform the Company verbally within 2 working days and in writing within 5 working days from the date the consignment was returned to the Customer. On receipt of written notification the Company will send a lost item report which must be completed and returned to the Company. Due to the fact that the contents of each bag are not itemised the Company is unable to accept liability for the loss of any item. Payment for a lost item is limited to a maximum of £20, which is strictly on a goodwill basis and without prejudice.
- 8.2. Damaged Items - The Company exercises utmost care in ironing and processing items entrusted to them and uses such processes that, in its opinion, are best suited to the nature and conditions of each individual item. The Company are not liable for inherent weaknesses or defects in materials, which may result in tears, loss of loose buttons or development of holes in fabric that, are not readily apparent prior to ironing. In the unlikely event of an item becoming damaged during the ironing or delivery process the Customer must inform the Company verbally within 2 working days and in writing within 5 working days from the date the consignment was returned to the Customer. On receipt of written notification the Company will send a damaged item report which must be completed and returned to the Company together with the item in question. Payment for a damaged item is limited to a maximum of £20, which is strictly on a goodwill basis and without prejudice.
- 8.3. The Company shall be afforded a reasonable opportunity and facilities to investigate any claims made under Conditions 8.1 and 8.2.
- 8.4. The Company shall have no liability whatsoever with regard to any claim in respect of which the Customer has not complied with the provision of Conditions 8.1 - 8.3.
- 8.1. Lost Items
- 9. Insurance
- 9.1. The Company is fully insured and the policy includes Public Liability. In the unlikely event of total loss of a Customers property due to fire, flood or theft, the maximum amount payable under the policy will be £100 per basket.
- 10. Customer Responsibilities
- 10.1. If it is necessary to cancel a pre-booked collection or delivery the Customer should endeavour to give at least 24 hours notification.
- 10.2. Customers must provide a clear set of instructions in writing with any bag that contains garments or items that require special procedures. For example, no creases in trousers, all items to be ironed on reverse, special folding, no creases in shirtsleeves etc. If no instructions are provided the Company will complete the ironing in accordance with its normal practice.
- 10.3. The Company use wire hangers for all hanging garments. Customers who prefer to supply their own hangers must include these in the bag of items and must inform the Company of this special requirement. The Company will match the garments to the hangers in the best way possible.
- 10.4. For Health and Safety reasons, we request Customers limit the contents of any one bag to 8kg. There is no limit to the overall quantity that may be supplied for ironing.
- 11. Extent of Company Liability
- 11.1. In no event shall the Company be liable to the Customer for loss of profit, loss of use, loss of revenue or interest, loss of goodwill, damages, costs or expenses or any other economic, indirect or consequential loss arising out of breach of contract, tort of any kind or otherwise.
- 11.2. Except as provided in these Conditions the Company shall have no liability to the Customer (other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from the Company's negligence) for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature arising in any way whatsoever.
- 11.3. The Company shall not be liable for any failure of, or delay in, performance of any work or part thereof in pursuance of these terms and conditions which is due wholly or partially to the imposition, application or enactment of any law or statutory regulation (whether of the United Kingdom or elsewhere) by any competent authority, strikes, lock-outs, an act of God or natural disaster or another cause or occurrence reasonably beyond the control of the Company.
- 11.4. Any opinion, advice or technical information furnished by the Company is supplied only on the basis that it and its employees and agents shall be under no liability in respect thereof.
- 11.5. The invalidity of the whole or any part of these Conditions shall not affect the validity of the remaining part of that particular Condition or these Conditions.
- 12. Governing Law and jurisdiction
- 12.1. This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matters shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- 12.2. The parties irrevocably agree that the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes or claims that arise out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter.
07598 539 211
NO FRILLS JUST PRECISE CRISP IRONING